Explore My World

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Light glinting off the snow

I haven't actually heard the Goddess speaking to me, but she seems to be communicating in the form of signs. I feel her presence throughout the day. Never anything profound, just things that I notice with the right perception. I went to look at my favorite blog sites earlier and it started to thunder outside. It came out of nowhere and was incredibly loud and insistent. I briefly thought about getting off of the computer to be safe, but then I sat back down. As soon as I touched the mouse another thunderhead rumbled outside, more insistent than the last. I took this as a sign that I should get off of the computer. Instead I laid down with a new book from the library that I had neglected lately. Living Wicca By Scott Cunningham, which is a little less inspired (or maybe less exciting) than the last book was by him that I read, but still interesting. I got 60 pages out of the way in an hour. It really shed some light on some of the things I had been thinking about lately.

One of the chapters was about incorporating witchiness (my words, not his) into one's everyday life. Realizing that the divine is always there, really in everything. To take time and switch your perceptions to realize the presence of everyday magick. This also tied in with the chapter on Wiccan Mysteries, which, frankly, still confuse me. I guess they have something to do with those everyday occurrences like life, death, rebirth that we can really tune into and find a powerful connection to the divine within.

Lately I have been seeing things out of the corner of my eye. Usually glimpses of light and shadow.  Never anything completely solid looking. But when I look, there is no possible explanation for what I saw. Normally I would just ignore them, thinking that I am obviously lacking some sleep. Since my 2nd Moon meeting on Sunday, I have made room in my mind for the existence of auras, energy and divine light. So I am chalking those bright glimpses up to divine presences of some sort. Whether auras of nearby plants, spirit guides or the Goddess herself, I am completely unaware. Something is making me see things that are not physically there.

Speaking of unexplainable instances, my husband had one the other day. He awoke in the morning to someone saying his name loudly. When he opened his eyes he instinctively looked into the corner of the room for the source of the voice. Nothing. He told me that all day he kept hearing people calling his name (nickname and family name). They were both female and male voices clearly calling his name. Every time he would look to the direction of the voice and see absolutely no one. Not even a person near the site of the voice. What do you think was going on there?

Sometimes I feel that there are so many aspects to this religion/life style that I am overwhelmed. It seems like, how could I ever master it all? It seems like a life time away when I will have even the day-to-day practices down pat. Tell me, all of you experienced Pagans out there, how long did it take all of you to feel like you came into your own with your witchy practices? I know some people who have been practicing for 20 years that say that they are still new to many aspects of the craft. I see them as who I want to be as a witch. I am still stumbling so much. I think some of it may come from my impatience to become who I want to be.

I hope this snowy day finds all of you safely home tonight, warm in your beds. Let sleep welcome you into peaceful dreams.

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My advice would be not to worry about "mastering" everything. Just take things slowly, enjoy the learning and discovery process, and don't feel you are in a race to the finish line. You have your entire life to learn what you need to know. Just let things unfold at their own pace. B*B

Lyon said...

If you want to be a witch, you call yourself such, and you take time out during the day to reconnect to that in whatever form you may see fit, then you are a witch.

No one ever "masters" any of it, and the moment you think you have is the moment you've missed the entire point. ;-)

It's about journey and process, not end result, though I understand well impatience. VERY well. lol

You're doing *just* fine. More than fine. Take a deep breath, and just be as you are.

Rue said...

The shadows and movements are likely different energy forms - some higher, some lower.

Think of it like this: you are now upping your energy vibration, by meditating and connecting with the elements and divinity in your own way. Naturally other energy level 'beings' are going to gravitate toward to you to see what's going on.

If it makes you uncomforatble, work on your sheilding practices and/or state your intention not to be distracted by these forms. I found that seeing these things doesn't bother me at all anymore.

Sobeit said...

Yes, the advice given by Debra and Lyon is so true. You are on a path that you will be learning from for the rest of your life. Enjoy it.

Also I've tagged you for Holiday Cheer Blog tag... you can see the instructions and questions at my blog http://urbanwitchandpagan.blogspot.com/

It so enjoyable reading your blog posts. Keep it up.

Sobeit

Sobeit said...

Oops, I see you are already tagged... Sorry - just ignore my previous post on tagging you.

Sobeit

Bridgett said...

I understand and empathize about 'mastering' paganism.

As a relative newbie myself, I sometimes feel so amazingly overwhelmed. But I keep trucking along, reading, researching, and doing what I can to ease the transition.

If it means anything at all, I think you're doing wonderfully. :)

BTW, I've been seeing things out of the corner of my eye almost everyday lately.

)O(
boo