Explore My World

Friday, August 20, 2010

When the Goddess Welcomes You...

This is a picture of the Avena Botanical Garden in Rockport, ME
It has been so long since I have posted! In the mean time we have been trying to sell our house and move to a new state. We are currently living in my in-laws house, all four of us in some dingy back room. It is not pretty. Needless to say, I have been quite preoccupied. Moving to a new state and leaving my witchy sisters has been a little difficult for my spiritual development. I have been comforted by finding little hints that other pagans are living amongst everyone else. There is an herbal apothecary in our town, where there is a large and beautiful herbal garden. There is a "farm stand" which specializes in selling alternative foods, that sells all manners of loose herbs and essential oils. At the farmers' market yesterday, a painter was selling her wares and among them were Samhain cards and triple goddess pictures. When I asked this woman about local witches she commented that their were many, but mostly solitary witches.

I take all of these things as signs that I am welcome here, that it is a good place to continue my spiritual awakening. I miss having my mentors to speak with, but maybe there is something special to be learned when relying on your own teachings and experiences. I feel more in tune to the energies of nature here, the goddess speaks to me everyday in small blessings. It is better than living in the city. I even live within walking distance to the coast.

After writing all of that, I realize how much happier I am here in Maine, so close to nature and my own roots. It really is what I want for my children, to grow up in the woods, near the coast, witnessing and respecting nature everyday. I still have a long way to go with my spiritual education and awakening, but that takes a lifetime anyway doesn't it? I hope that all who read this think about their lives and eliminate all things that make you unhappy, even if it means moving to a new state to be closer to family. Every moment in life is precious, don't waste any of it.

2 comments:

Mother Moon said...

so good to hear from you as well as the update on you and yours... Will keep you in my thoughts and send blessings your way.

Anonymous said...

Hay you. I now how you feel, when you talk about feeling closer to earth now that you are in Maine!!
Nick and I are going backpacking in Yosemite. I need to go into the wild! I want to connect to what God has given us and not take it for-granite. Its hard living in the suburbs and connecting. Miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!