Explore My World

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Minor Day's Updates

I felt like taking a nap all morning, but when I finally got the chance, I pre-prepared dinner for my husband, so it will be ready when I get home. I made lasagna with tofu instead of ricotta cheese, which adds some protein and takes away some of the fat. I still have cheese on top, but I make up for that by omitting the meat and adding in spinach, mushrooms, black olives, green peppers and secret broccoli. What is secret broccoli, you ask? It is broccoli all minced into bits by a food processor and mixed into a meal. My kids are not fond of the texture of broccoli, so this is how we still reap the benefits of such a nice vegetable. I am hoping the kids love this dinner and pick out only half of the vegetables (spinach probably).

There are so many little minor updates that I normally do not post, but all together it makes it feel as if I have one big thing to share. Estella talked to a girl at school yesterday, she said "I like purple and pink". Believe it or not, this is a wonderful accomplishment for my shy little observer (who talks non-stop at home). Sebastian is picking up words left and right, and turned 18 months today! We are paying bills again, and it feels so nice to have the money to do that! I bought 8 mew shirts, a peacoat and three scarves (tags on) at Goodwill for $15. We are enjoying apples that we picked last Sunday at the apple orchard. We are excited to have our first dinner at our new place with our extended family, we will be making a roasted and stuffed chicken with all of the trimmings.

After writing about all of the positives that my family has been receiving, it makes me feel more optimistic about the day. Thank you Goddess, for all of the blessings we have been given.

No comments: