Explore My World

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Belated Ostara

Have you ever meditated outside? On Sunday I went with my coven, to celebrate Ostara last Sunday, to a local park. We hiked a couple minutes into the woods and found a nice circular clearing to work our ritual. It was so nice, albeit a little chilly, but such good energy flowing about. One of the women lead a Spring meditation that was just wonderful. As soon as I closed my eyes it was like I was instantly in a trance state. Usually it takes minutes of cooling my mind down to get ready for such deepness. In this clearing it seemed that nature did most of the work. My only complaint is that among all of the noises present outside, her voice was difficult to tune into with so many distractions. Has anyone else ever found any of this to be true?

After our Ostara celebration each woman had something special and magickal to relate about their experience. One could feel the ground pulsing with energy, one could feel the energies of the watchtowers,  and I felt the wind answer my questions. It was a wonderful ritual. During our "Cakes and Ale", of lemon poppy seed muffins and pomegranate juice, a couple walked by us all, sitting in a circle laughing and eating. They missed our chanting by about 5 minutes! It was just wonderful.

Anyone else have any happy Ostara memories/stories to share?

2 comments:

Rue said...

What a great way to celebrate!

I merely greeted the sun with a meditation in my backyard and a few words, and some milk and honey offering to the earth. Simple, but nice.

How wonderful that you have found people to connect with and celebrate with. I do miss that, being a solitary.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like rituals that are held outdoors. Being close to nature makes them much more meaningful, doesn't it? Especially since pagans celebrate the divinity in nature!